Tour Lisbon’s cobbled lanes, cruise the Douro River, and soak up the sun on Algarve beaches: with Rick Steves on your side, Portugal will also be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Portugal you can find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Portugal
- Rick’s strategic advice on how to get the most out of your money and time, with rankings of his will have to-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the the bone chapel of Évora and the palaces of Sintra to seaside street food and lush vineyards
- How to hook up with culture: Chat with locals in charming small towns, enjoy a dinner of fresh seafood stew, or spend an evening at a bluesy fado bar
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and steer clear of tourist traps with Rick’s candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of local port
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and unbelievable museums
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a Portuguese phrase book, a historical overview, and really helpful reading
- Over 400 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Lisbon, Sintra, Salema, Cape Sagres, Lagos, Tavira, Évora, Nazaré, Batalha, Fátima, Alcobaça, Óbidos, Coimbra, Porto, Peso de Régua, Pinhão, and more
Make the most of each day and each dollar with Rick Steves Portugal.