Hike vast glaciers, marvel at steaming volcanic lakes, and explore the land of the middle of the night sun: with Rick Steves on your side, Iceland will also be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Iceland you can find:
- Comprehensive coverage for exploring Iceland, whether you’ve got a long layover in Reykjavík or two weeks to dive into the whole country
- Rick’s strategic advice on how to get the most out of your money and time, with rankings of his should-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the stunning northern lights to hidden hikes and cozy bookstores
- How to hook up with local culture: Soak in the famous Blue Lagoon, sample smoked fishes, and chat with locals in stark and lovely rural towns
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick’s candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and chill out
- Self-guided walking tours of lively Reykjavík and art and history museums
- Complete, mile-by-mile driving tours, including the Golden Circle, the Ring Road, and more, with recommendations of Iceland’s most scenic detours
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, an Icelandic phrase book, a historical overview, and really useful reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Reykjavík, the Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, the South Coast, the Westman Islands, West Iceland, The Ring Road, the East Fjords, and more
Make the most of each day and every dollar with Rick Steves Iceland.
Expanding your shuttle? Try Rick Steves Scandinavia or Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports.