About Amazon Books Return Policies
You can return most items purchased at Amazon Books for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Purchases made on Amazon.com cannot be returned to the Amazon Books stores.
Items purchased at Amazon Books can be returned within 30 days for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed below.
- Gift Cards are not returnable (except as required by law).
- Magazines are not returnable.
Return Items You Ordered
You can return many items sold on Amazon.com. When you return an item, you may see different return options depending on the seller, item, or reason for return.
To return an item to Amazon Books:
- Gather your item(s) and the original product packaging.
- Locate your receipt (e-mail or paper), which includes your order number.Note: If you received an e-mail receipt, or if the item you purchased appears in Your Orders, you have the option to return the item by mail. To return by mail, contact Customer Service to receive a mailing label. If the item doesn’t appear in Your Orders, you’ll only be able to return the item in the store.
- Prepare your package for return.
Pack your item securely, inserting any paperwork that was included when you requested your return from the Online Returns Center. If you don’t have the original product packaging, use a sturdy box and include padding such as packing bubbles or newspaper. Attach your return label to the package.
- Ship your return based on the return shipping option you selected.