Lonely Planet: The world’s #1 phrasebook publisher*
Lonely Planet Sinhala Phrasebook & Dictionary is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Sinhalese phrases and vocabulary for all of your Trip needs. Ask for in-the-know recommendations of cosy tucked-away beaches, bargain at a vegetable market, and mingle at a local cricket match; all with your trusted Trip companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you’ll be able to actually get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Go back and forth with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Trip Situation!
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, give an explanation for food allergies, and take a look at new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency Trip situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Sinhala Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full-color right through
- User-friendly layout organized by Trip scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- 5 Phrases to Learn Before You Go
- 10 Ways to Start a Sentence
- 10 Phrases to Sound like a Local
- Listen For – key phrases you may hear
- Look For – key phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts – easy-to-keep in mind that alternatives to the full phrases
- Q&A – suggested answers to questions asked
- Basics – time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation rules, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical – Trip with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social – introductions, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Trip – emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food – ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Sinhala Phrasebook & Dictionary , a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Swarna Pragnaratne.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world’s leading Trip guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on this planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages, more than any other publisher! With an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital Trip products, and a dedicated traveller community, Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and to actually get to the heart of the places they find themselves. The world awaits!
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)
*#1 phrasebook publisher. Source: Nielsen Bookscan UK, US & AUS