#1 best-selling guide to Japan
Lonely Planet Japan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore a bamboo grove in Arashiyama, marvel at Shinto and Buddhist architecture in Kyoto, or loosen up in the hot springs of Noboribetsu Onsen; all with your trusted commute companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Japan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images all the way through
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your go back and forth to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding commute experience – history, festivals, hiking, onsen, cuisine, architecture, sport, traditional accommodation, geisha, visual arts, performing arts, literature, music, environment, cinema
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 140 maps
- Covers Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Nikko, Narita, Kamakura, Hakone, Nagoya, Gifu, Kanazawa, Nagano, Kyoto, Kansai, Hiroshima, Okayama, Osaka, Kobe, Nara, Matsue, Sapporo, Shikoku, Tokushima, Fukuoka, Okinawa and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Japan, our most comprehensive guide to Japan, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Tokyo? Take a look at Lonely Planet Tokyo guide for a comprehensive look at the entire city has to offer; Best of Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions; or Pocket Tokyo a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick go back and forth.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has turn into the world’s leading commute media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital commute products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers will have to-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s all over, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to commute the world.’ — Fairfax Media
‘Lonely Planet guides are, reasonably simply, like no other.’ – New York Times