Lonely Planet: The world’s leading Commute guide publisher
Lonely Planet Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Cruise magnificent Sydney Harbour, grab a coffee in a Melbourne laneway or head off on an outback adventure; all with your trusted Commute companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images all through
- Highlights and itineraries can help you tailor your travel to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding Commute experience – history, politics, Aboriginal Australia, environment, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, sports, outdoor activities.
- Free, convenient pull-out Sydney map (included in print version), plus over 150 maps
- Covers Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Darwin, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Northern Territory, Western Australia, the outback and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Australia, our most comprehensive guide to Australia, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for Australian road travel ideas? Take a look at Lonely Planet Australia’s Best Trips.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading Commute media company and the world’s number one Commute guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll be able to also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore on a daily basis. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to in reality get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Commute Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, relatively simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s in all places, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to Commute the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)